Printed from chabad.se

Details of Post:

Subject : Soulmate, partner, husband - never married 
Pray For : Esther daughter of Sarah 
Prayer Type : Marriage 
Comments : I am 61 years old, never married, no children and dealing with a chronic illness and financial difficulties. I am tired of being alone. I would like to find my "soulmate." I wonder if he is not on earth some days. I do not understand why I have lived my life alone. I understand why on a psychological level but not a spiritual one. I have missed so much in life in terms of family. I feel despair at moments feeling how much I have missed not having a male companion or husband, children and family. Life is to be lived to feel fully alive and the illness I have had most of my life does not mean I can't live fully. I have issues with energy and so I do have activity limitations. I just don't understand and have a hard time accepting I may live the rest of my life alone. 
Post Date : 4/22/2012 9:12:00 AM 

Replies To This Post

Anonymous

remember Sarai....#1 posted 4/29/2012 11:16:00 PM
Where there is life there is hope. Abraham and Sarai were no spring chickens when good things happened and they weren't the only ones. If your community is not building you up have your eyes open for another one. And pay attention to the 5 minute rule - ask G-d to hold your despair for 5 minutes while you go do something for someone else. And then do it again and again if necessary. He is very patient. I will be thinking of you :)

Anonymous

Lonliness#2 posted 4/25/2012 5:05:00 PM
I pray that Hashem helps you embrace your lonliness in a way that will allow you to embrace others. Seek out individuals who share your plight. They might be found in local nursing homes or hospitals, overseas orphanages, or even humane societies. Focussing on others will serve you well, even as you strive to serve them. Will your companion be a "hunky" soulmate with whom you can share the next 40 years? Maybe; maybe not. But how much fuller will your life be, how much less alone, doing up-close-and-personal mitzvot? I wish you well and wish G-d's peace upon you.

Respond To This Post

:
:

:
: (Will not display online)
:

spacer