Printed from chabad.se

Details of Post:

Name :  
Subject : recovery from depression 
Pray For : Elkah daughter of Robert 
Prayer Type : Health 
Comments : I've never asked anyone to pray for me before and I feel a litle selfish doing it, but here goes: I am having a setback in my recovery from depression. This is very frustrating as I've been struggling with this for many years. I am feeling very alone with this, so I thank you so much for any prayers or advice. Thank you! 
Post Date : 12/29/2012 6:40:00 PM 

Replies To This Post

Ruth S-D

Depression#1 posted 1/29/2013 4:35:00 PM
My heart breaks for you in your situation, but know that G-d will never leave you, He is always there even when the days seem the hardest and most sad; He will be beside you always to help you with your burden. Take each minute at a time if possible instead of seeing the long stretch ahead of you; it is possible to withstand one minute whilst a whole day may seem impossible. If possible walk in nature; or grow a plant and watch each daily change. If possible save the life of an animal from a shelter - I did and it saved my life!I thank G-d everyday for the gift of this old,"throw away dog" that I now care for. Think of something, no matter how impossible it may seem, that will make you happy, then see how that tiny step can plant a seed for bringing that happiness forth. Know always that G-d will always be there to love you and help you carry your burden. You are never alone.I will keep you in my most loving prayers for each one of us is connected to the other in this world.

Rachel S.

A healing wish directed your way#2 posted 1/20/2013 7:31:00 PM
Never feel selfish for wanting Hashems blessings. He wants you to ask for them, and we are happy to ask if you are not ready. I wish you boundless joy, the joy that comes from the knowledge that your very essence is purity. Know that Hashem is continuously showing you your inestimable significance, because He recreates you anew every single moment in time. We'll hear good news :)

Jennifer Pavlik

praying#3 posted 1/3/2013 7:06:00 PM
I will keep you in my prayers!! remember you are never alone, G-d is always with you. keep positive you will get through this :-)

Malka G-V

Depression#4 posted 12/31/2012 10:09:00 AM
Elkah, I wrap my arms around you in a virtual hug. I know from experience that depression is a feeling like no other. As I'm sure you have experienced before, sometimes depression must be waited out. ("Weeping may tary for the night, but joy cometh in the morning.") I don't know where your journey to recovery has taken you so far, but if you have been hesitant to try medication, I urge you to look into it. May G-d send you comfort, peace, and healing.

Respond To This Post

:
:

:
: (Will not display online)
:

spacer